Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrew 4:16
The Prayer Connection
The Prayer Connection is a Ministry that began in 1995. It began with passing requests on through the telephone, then email and now online on this website. Thousands of prayers have been offered up and thousands of answers to prayer have been experienced. Women of Influence has been birthed through prayer and prayer upholds every aspect of this Ministry. Please feel free to pray for the requests listed below. As we pray in unity for these needs, God comes through in a powerful way! All prayer requests are anonymous using only first names. To submit a request click on the box on the bottom of the page.
Prayer Requests for April 18, 2018
Proverbs 3: 5-6
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
1. Bruce, had an accident, is out of ICU but still in the hospital. Pray the swelling in his brain comes down so his memory returns. Pray complete healing for Bruce and peace and comfort his wife and two children.
2. Pray Salvation for Stacey.
3. PC member writes, Pray for godly mature leaders in the upcoming election.
4. PC member writes, Pray a new leadership be sensitive to seniors needs.
Pray For Our Missionaries:
5 – Dan & Sarah Reeves – USA – Pray for their full financial support; wisdom and direction in Dan’s new roll of Director of Refugee Care at Alcansa in Virginia; enablement to build relationships in their ministry.
6 – Steve & Jen Butwill – Liberia – Pray for wisdom and strength as they work with staff and patients at the Po River Clinic; pray that the outbreak of scabies will continue to decrease; pray for peaceful run-off elections in Liberia.
7 – Lauren & Geof Taylor-Lubambula – Uganda – Lauren and Geofrey currently are transitioning back to America to wait out his immigration process; please pray for them as they navigate through this unexpected transition.
8- David & Kathy Tucker – USA – Pray for a smooth leadership transition as Dave Tucker looks to retirement.
Prayer Requests for April 13, 2018
Psalm 32: 11
Be glad in the Lord, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart.
1. Pray one for another.
2. Pray blessings upon our pastors as they bring us the Word of God this week-end.
Pray For Our Missionaries:
3 – Lisa O’Brien – Uganda – Please pray for her as she is in the early stages of pursuing adoption of the twins who have been living with her–asking for removal of discouraging roadblocks.
4 – Carroll Bishop – Guatemala – Please pray for healing of Carol’s back for scoliosis and herniated discs and continued healing with the respiratory issues that are greatly improved, praise God.
5 – Diane & Darren Wilson – Mexico – Pray for their three year Mexican visas to be processed; Darren’s major dental work finished & fully paid for; continuing improvement in Spanish language and interaction with students & neighbors.
6 – Freddy & Joye Kiester-Garcia – Mexico – Pray for them and their sons as they minister to the Nhïühü people of northern Veracruz, Mexico through dentistry and Bible translation; praises for the new clinic roof; pray the electrical work and plumbing go smoothly and Freddy will soon attend patients.
7 – Michael & Bernadette Boone – Zambia – Please pray for the pastors and youth leaders who are undergoing training in Mansa, Luanshya, and Lusaka, Zambia.
Prayer Requests for April 12, 2018
Psalm 103: 2-3
Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases.
1. PC member writes, pray healing of body, soul, spirit, stamina and renewed energy going for medical tests and doctor appointments.
2. Ruth, 101 years old, still in her own home, her son lives with her. Pray he pay attention to the needs of his mother as he wants her there, not in a facility.
3. Pray Ruth have peace and comfort in her life, that people and family attend to this pleasant God loving lady.
4. Kathleen, pray medical tests she needs will be booked soon. Also pray Safety for her.
5. Maurice, on missions in Haiti, has very painful hip issues with bone on bone. Pray God’s healing for a new hip as he is too young for a hip replacement. Pray continued Blessings upon his mission.
6. Erin, pray wisdom and accuracy for surgeon re: possible breast lump biopsy, peace and calm for Erin.
Prayer Requests for April 11, 2018
Psalm 113: 3
From the rising of the sun unto the going down of the same the Lord’s name is to be praised.
1. R is a little eight year old boy who is starting to show severe symptoms of bipolar disorder. Please all pray for total healing and that our Almighty God wraps this little family in his loving arms.
2. Anna, in hospital having more tests for brain tumor. She is 20. Pray healing.
3. Local church in upheaval. Pray God’s clear direction and peaceful resolution of situation.
Pray For Our Missionaries:
4 – Shawn & Natalie Sagert – Guatemala – Pray for their safety in ministry; funds for the rental of The Line building and to re-outfit bus for ministry.
5 – Christopher Russell – Guatemala – Pray for land for Children’s program, funds & prayer for this program; new program teaching English in public schools; healing for Chris from surgery in August; pray the title for his truck arrives soon.
6 – Vivian Douglas – Guatemala – Pray for their wisdom in decision making; balance of work and rest; focus on Jesus; and all details necessary for things to run smoothly with SOFAMA as well as funding for that and the summer band camp program.
7 – Kelly & Judah Tana – Australia – Pray for their ministry in Thailand, “Global Advance Project,” (GAP); spiritual healing & restoration; repayment of debt for land in Thailand.
8 – Everett & Terrie Barker – USA – Pray as they seek to expand the ministry of Child Evangelism Fellowship (CEF) here in Rio Grande Valley (RGV), by equipping churches to reach children through neighborhood evangelism and discipleship.
9 – Patrick & Valerie Finnerty – Rwanda – Prayer for their transition to a new house because the incessant noise from a local factory is making living conditions difficult.
10 – Danyelle & Franco Graves-Moron – Bolivia – Pray for their support of ministries in teaching and discipling an orphanage, Christian school, and local churches. Pray they will see a local church planted and thrive.
Prayer Requests for April 9, 2018
Psalm 40: 3
And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord.
1. Pray for Liz as she struggles though shingles.
2.Pray that “M” will be accepted into the transplant program.
3.Pray for a young man as he struggles with addiction.
4. Pray for strength for the family of a young man who has lost his way.
5. Bert, awaiting hip replacement, going to London on April 20th for a consultation, pray that the surgery will take place instead as he is bed-ridden and needs a new hip. Pray strength and comfort for his wife and family as this has been a long journey for them.
6. Pray healing for Zoey, 2 1/2 year old little girl with a rare blood disorder.
7. Jenn, living a destructive lifestyle, parents are praying healing and restoration for the sake of the children.
8. Betty’s nephew Robbie, with addictions and not following the rehab programs, pray he returns to the Lord and a sober lifestyle.
9. Pray the Lord to touch the souls of the people who broke into a local church.
10. Jessica’s mom suffering from torn arm muscles that is affecting her work. Pray speedy healing and recovery.
In Jesus’ name.
Thank you for entrusting your prayer requests with us. We are honored that you are willing to share. Every request will be reviewed by our coordinator. She may reword your request and if it is not posted, we will pray for your request privately.
Focus on the Family is a great resource for counseling if you are in need of this.
May God richly bless you as we trust Him together for your need,
Wendy Taylor (President) and
Sandra Morrisey (PC Coordinator)